We're grateful you are sharing your girl with our GEMS club! This is a place for her to belong and be loved. We are eager to get to know her better and have good things planned for our time together. Here is some information that you will need to know about the GEMS program.
Registration Fees: Registration fees for this year are $40.00. Registration and payment will be online this year. On our opening night, we will have you signup at the door with your name and email and then a link will be sent to you.
Snacks: We will not be having snack on a regular GEMS club night so girls will not be required to bring any snacks this year. This is to help keep the COVID risk lower.
Camp: ***to be determined*** We are not sure if camp will be happening this year due to COVID concerns.
Child Safety and Protection: To assist us in providing a safe place and a positive experience for all the girls attending this program we, the counselors, commit to the following:
- Please screen your daughter for COVID using the COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool and stay home if feeling ill (no exceptions).
- Masks will be required to be worn by all participants including girls and the leaders at all times. As much as is possible, social distancing will be practiced as well as frequent hand washing/sanitizing.
- We will adhere to the principles of the Christian Reformed Church's Safe Church Ministry
- We will identify inappropriate behaviour within their group and establish a policy of zero tolerance for this behaviour, both between fellow GEMS and their leaders.
- We will notify parents if we have concerns about a GEMS' behaviour.
- We will notify parents as soon as possible when their child needs significant medical attention.
- We commit to having two volunteers and/or staff members present when transporting children in a vehicle.
- We will ensure that Parental Consent and Medical Release forms will be emailed and made available on the website for parents to complete prior to any off-site or overnight activity, Al other activities, except Wednesday evening outings, will be held at the church facility, 20525 – 72 Ave., Langley.
The leadership team and group leaders look forward to a year of developing and growing relationships with your daughter(s). It is also our desire and prayer that the girls will grow closer to God and to each other. For more information please contact Faye at [email protected]
Contact: For more information on our club here at Willoughby, e-mail [email protected]. For more information on the GEMS Girls' Club in general, see their website.